Neurobiology of Learning and Memory
Note you might be able to view the full text of articles published in J. Neurosci. Please follow the links
provided below to get access to the journal web site. You might also be able view full text or abstract of
articles (esp. recent ones) from other journal web sites.
Systems approach to the study of learning and memory
- Gaffan D. 1996. Associative and perceptual learning and the concept of memory systems. Cognitive Brain
- Bannerman DM, Good MA, Butcher SP, Ramsay M. &Morris RGM. 1995. Distinct components of spatial
learning revealed by prior training and NMDA receptor blockade. Nature 378:182-186.
- Gaffan D. 1994. Scene-specific memory for objects: a model of episodic memory impairment in monkeys
with fornix transections. Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience 6:305-320.
- Kim JJ, Clark PE & Thompson RF 1995. Hippocampectomy impairs the memory of recently, but not
remotely acquired trace conditioned responses. Behavioral Neuroscience 109:195-203
- Gewirtz JC & Davis M. 1997. Second-order fear conditioning prevented by blocking NMDA receptors in
amygdala. Nature 388:471-474.
- Killcross S, Robbins TW & Everitt BJ. 1997. Different types of fear-conditioned behaviour mediated by
separate nuclei within amygdala. Nature 388:377-380.
- Lebar KS, Le Doux JE, Spencer DO, Phelps PA. 1995. Impaired fear conditioning following unilateral
temporal lobectomy in humans. Journal of Neuroscience 15:6846-6855.
- Kleim JA, Kapil V, Ballard DH & Greenough WT. 1997. Learning-dependent synaptic modifications in
the cerebellar cortex of the adult rat persist for at least four weeks. The Journal of Neuroscience
- Brasted. PJ, Humby T, Dunnett SB & Robbins TW. 1997. Unilateral lesions of the dorsal striatum in rats
disrupt responding in egocentric space. Journal of Neuroscience 17(22):8919-8926.
- Levy R, Friedman HR, Davachi L & Goldman-Rakic PS. 1997. Differential activation of the caudate
nucleus in primates performing spatial and nonspatial working memory tasks. Journal of Neuroscience,
- Owen AM, Iddon JL, Hodges M Summers BA & Robbins TW. 1997. Spatial and non-spatial working
memory at different stages of Parkinson's disease. Neuropsychologia 35:5119-5132.
- McCarthy G, Puce A, Constable RT, Krystal HJ, Gore JC & Goldman-Rakic P. 1996. Activation of human
prefrontal cortex during spatial and nonspatial working memory tasks measured by functional MRI.
Cerebral Cortex 6:600-611.
Cellular and molecular approach to the study of learning and memory
- Lu Y-M, Jia Z, Janus C, Henderson JT, Gerlai R, Wojtowicz JM & Roder JC. 1997. Mice lacking
metabotropic glutamate receptor 5 show impaired learning and reduced CAI long-term potentiation (LTP)
but normal CA3 LTP. Journal of Neuroscience 17(13):5196-5205.
- Fisher TM, Blazis DEJ, Priver NA & Carew TJ. 1997. Metaplasticity at identified inhibitory synapses in
Aplysia. Nature 3 89:86-865.
- Stevens C & Wang Y. 1994. Changes in reliability of synaptic function as a mechanism for plasticity.
- Sakimura K, Kutsuwada T, Ito 1, Manabe T, Takayama C, Kushiya E, Yagi T, Alzawa S, Inoue Y,
Sugiyama H & Mishina M. 1995. Reduced hippocampal LTP and spatial learning in mice lacking NMDA
receptor F.1 subunit. Nature 373:151-155.
- Connolly JB, Roberts IJH, Armstrong JD, Kaiser K, Forte M, Tully T & O'Kane C. 1996. Associative
learning disrupted by impaired Gs signalling in Drosophild mushroom bodies. Science 274:2104-2107