Please check this website periodically for announcements regarding this course.
The course outline can be obtained here. [updated on 4:03 PM, April 4, 2016]
Patrick Bennett (PC-103)
- This website will be updated throughout the Winter Term 2016.
- This course can be taken as PSYCH 711 or PSYCH 712. If you have not yet taken a course to satisfy the 711/12 requirement for the graduate program in Psychology, then you can register for PSYCH 711. If you've already taken a quantitative course and need another to finish the 711/12 requirement, then you can register for PSYCH 712.
- The first meeting of the course will be held on Monday, February 29.
- The textbook for this course, Elementary Signal Detection Theory by T.D. Wickens (2002), can be purchased here from Amazon.ca.
- A list of errata and clarifications for the textbook can be obtained here.
- A companion website for the text book is here.
- [2-May 10:50 AM] A copy of your exam can be found here. The exam is due in the front office by 3:00 PM, Friday May 6.
- [26-Apr 8:50 AM] Homework assignment 5(due 4:00 PM, April 29): Answer questions 7.1, 7.2, and 7.3 listed at the end of chapter 7 in your texbook.
- [18-Apr 11:50 AM] Homework assignment 4 (due 4:00 PM, April 22): Answer questions 8.1 and 8.2 listed at the end of chapter 8 in your texbook.
- [4-Apr 6:00 PM] Homework assignment 3 (due 4:00 PM, April 8): Complete questions 5.1, 6.1, 6.2, and 6.4 listed in the exercises at the end of chapters 5 and 6 in your textbook.
- [4-Apr 4:00 PM] There will be NO CLASS on April 11. However, we WILL have class on April 18. An updated course outline can be obtained here.
- [28-Mar 2:00 PM] Homework assignment 2 (due 4:00 PM, April 1): Complete questions 4.1 and 4.4 listed in the excercises at the end of chapter 4 in the textbook.
- [7-Mar 11:30 AM] Homework assignment 1 (due 4:00 PM, March 11): Complete questions 1.2, 2.2, 2.6, 3.3 listed in the excercises at the end of chapters 1, 2, and 3 in the textbook.
- [7-Mar 11:27 AM] I updated the course outline to reflect the fact that there will be NO CLASS on March 21.
- [28-FEB 4:15 PM] The Swets and Dawes Scientific American article can be obtained here from a McMaster-based computer.
- [28-FEB 4:15 PM] For those of you who have not yet purchased the textbook: copies of chapters 1 and 2 can be downloaded here.